Friday, May 29, 2015

The "C" Word




You know the one...
That nasty word sets my emotions into over drive. Scrolling through Facebook I am bombarded with the most recent diagnosis, type, or treatment. Quickly, I start checking for lumps, bumps, & analyze my latest symptom.

As a long time smoker I know all to well that I'm putting myself at risk. I kicked the real ones over a year ago, and switched to the vaped form of nicotine. (Praying to quit for real)

But, cancer has no limitations. Now a days it does not discriminate by age, race, or gender. This growing "problem" has no boundaries.

I got the call last week that I have squamous cell cancer on my nose. Not too shocked.

I've been watching my mom battle it on her nose for the last 15 years. So far, she has won.

Loving to read, I have spent hours pouring through Christian fiction novels at my local library. The stories that stuck with me involved the characters using their "problem" as a light to bring others to Jesus. S.H.O.W.I.N.G. their faith, rather then just saying "I trust in the Lord." As the people around them SAW their faith in action, they were also drawn to the Lord.

Since I am almost powerless to the why, what, & who. I am intentionally trying to focus on the positive. How can God use me now? I know He CaN. That is not my question, but WhAt does it look like in my story.

When I am weak He makes me strong...

As I walk through this trial in my life I am praying God uses me & my circumstances to show others His power & love. This my struggle..

No comments:

Post a Comment