Sunday, February 17, 2013

Reflection



Tonight as I reflect on my day I can't help but smile. It was the launch of our first  volley ball meet-up. May sound minor to some, but this is a big accomplishment for me. For years I have thought about playing, but I never took steps to make it happen. All to often I let the thought of an idea not panning out stop me from attempting it.

The old Julia was  typically a follower, and was afraid of experiencing life outside the bubble. The mere thought of praying out loud, leading small group, or spending time with unfamiliar faces plagued me with anxious thoughts & sweaty hands. Thankfully God is transforming me. He has encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone, and pursue new endeavors. Not only is it fulfilling to do this, but the excitement of seeing these plans come to life is awesome. Now I'm praising God for his work in me!


Image from Wikipedia.com

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Way to go! It's wonderful to see the fabulous gifts that God has put in us. We just have to trust His strength in us. He'll bring you through the completion of this game and you'll be able to add that to your faith box. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank thou for you encouraging words.

    ReplyDelete