Off my beaten path. My loving husband informed me the other night I focus on my struggles to much. I quote "your blog is all about your struggles." The next morning he added, "I guess I should read it before I pass judgement." Moving along, as I don't want to stick my foot in my mouth... The day of love is here so, I will do my best to push the focus onto love.
Now don't get me wrong I enjoy a nice dinner out, or a sparkly necklace, but I can show affection without opening my wallet. I recently learned that my husband's mother language is "Respect". My mother language is "Love". Now my initial re-action is "Yeah, I respect my husband." , but after looking over Love & Respect author Dr. Emerson's list I have some work to do. So, join me this week in looking for ways to respect my husband, and make Valentine's Day special. Sssshhhh... this is my struggle
- Be his cheerleader- brag about him in front of others. Call a friend & brag about him, in front of him
- Put a post note around the house with words of encouragement
- Ask him about his dreams & don't shoot them down
- Tell him he is strong, say you look hot in those jeans
- Thank him for going to work
- Honor his authority in front of the kids, differ in private
- Thank him for his advice & knowledge
- Watch him do something he enjoys, & don't TALK, men love quiet shoulder to shoulder time
- Do something he enjoys
- Smile at him often
- Greet him at the door & tell him you are glad he is home
We want to be with Mr. right, but how much time are we spending trying to be Mrs. Right?