Monday, February 4, 2013

Home School?





So far the most difficult decision as a parent was choosing which education program was best for our now 14 yr old son. We started out with public school while I was a single, working mom. In 4th grade we switched to half home school, half Christian. Currently He attends a half home school, public charter. My daughter is full home school with a mix of charter & Classical Conversation. Whew!

Now, all that being said every option has it's pros & cons. I don't think there is a one size fits all in schooling. I have to remind myself that each child is different, and what works for my neighbor might not be best for us. When trying to decide I usually pray, stress, and then I ask my husband what he thinks is best. God put our husband as the head of house hold for a reason. Trusting my husband's decision reduces my worry & anxiety big time. I just try to take it one year at a time, and pray, pray, pray.

 I am enjoying home schooling my daughter, and love the fact I am the one teaching her how to read. I also think the way my son goes on  & on about his cool science teacher is great too. This month we need prayer. It is time for us to choose a high school option for our son. This is my struggle.


picture from proprofs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment