Thursday, January 31, 2013

Discipline



"One more chance! Please, one more chance!" my daughter begs. I had informed her that because she disobeyed, we were not going to play at the Lake. So, we marched right back to the car we had just got out of. With an audience of strangers, and a few of my friends watching as we drove away. As this scene was unfolding my feeling were a mix between embarrassment & sadness. I knew my daughter had been looking forward to playing with her friend but, I had already given her enough chances. I had to stay strong. I couldn't go back on my word. I knew how important it was to teach my daughter that in life we all need to obey authority.


God is my Father and, I am His daughter. Just as  I want my children to succeed, so does He!  God is fully aware of what is best for me. He is not trying to be a Buzz-kill, or as my son would say "your just being mean!" . God has left me a book full of teachings to apply to my life. I know I have areas were I need to be obedient. This is my struggle.



Picture from http://fasab.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/disobedient-child.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment