Monday, January 14, 2013

My Own Worse Enemy





We have met the enemy and He is us- Walt Kelly. What a concept, am I my own worst enemy? This is after I spent over an hour analyzing a previous conversation. You think that hour could have been spent doing something more constructive?? But hey, I am all about self-improvement. I spend an unnecessary time recapping word for word my dialogue with other people. I am starting to think this could be a social flaw. Was I rude? Did I say something offensive? The list goes on.  My heart is in the right place, but I am not sure that this is a productive habit. I have a desire to do the right thing, to be liked, to show people Christ-like love...

The pressure is on. It is Sunday morning. I will be serving in the 2 yr old class  room. This is where God has gifted me, but knowing this is only half the battle. Showtime, the parents start to arrive. Some faces are familiar, others are new. Smile, this is church. On the inside I love to smile, but fear of rejection & failure are just hanging at the door. I want to do my best. I want these families to see confidence in my face so they can go to service, and be feed by the word of God. A wise of friend of mine once said to me, "I am getting comfortable with being uncomfortable." Wow, that is my new mental motto. I can let go, and trust God. Sometimes Most of the time it is easier said then done. This is my struggle...


Image from - http:// www.releasingmetoday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment